I have been trying for a few days to figure out what to write about in my next blog. Finally, I have something!
This morning, at about 10:30, while at work, our power decided to shut off. I think it was a Provo-wide outage, but we kind of need power in order to work at my place of work. It was funny because most of our computers shut down, but there are a few that are apparently hooked up to a generator which stayed on. So those poor saps who sat there had to take all the phone calls for the next 20 minutes while the rest of us partied with nothing to do. It is quite amazing how fast the entire floor heated up though. Without our precious AC that always keeps us freezing, within minutes we were uncomfortably sweating. I guess that is what happens when you have mass amounts of electronic devices (computers, huge printers, fax machines...) and they all tend to give off their own amount of heat. About an hour after the power came back on, they finally decided to turn the AC on as well. We were worried for a bit.
Oh, and also, for some reason the water didn't work either. I didn't know water was effected by electric outages, but what do I know. There was one poor test-taker who had to use the restroom...I didn't ask him how that turned out. Hopefully he wasn't too traumatized.
I did have one other glimpse of hope, and that was that power at the BYU testing center would be off, rendering me unable to take my finals, ever. And just automatically pass them. But that did not happen. The power is up now. Obviously, since I am using my computer to write this.
The End.
This morning, at about 10:30, while at work, our power decided to shut off. I think it was a Provo-wide outage, but we kind of need power in order to work at my place of work. It was funny because most of our computers shut down, but there are a few that are apparently hooked up to a generator which stayed on. So those poor saps who sat there had to take all the phone calls for the next 20 minutes while the rest of us partied with nothing to do. It is quite amazing how fast the entire floor heated up though. Without our precious AC that always keeps us freezing, within minutes we were uncomfortably sweating. I guess that is what happens when you have mass amounts of electronic devices (computers, huge printers, fax machines...) and they all tend to give off their own amount of heat. About an hour after the power came back on, they finally decided to turn the AC on as well. We were worried for a bit.
Oh, and also, for some reason the water didn't work either. I didn't know water was effected by electric outages, but what do I know. There was one poor test-taker who had to use the restroom...I didn't ask him how that turned out. Hopefully he wasn't too traumatized.
I did have one other glimpse of hope, and that was that power at the BYU testing center would be off, rendering me unable to take my finals, ever. And just automatically pass them. But that did not happen. The power is up now. Obviously, since I am using my computer to write this.
The End.
Comments