Skip to main content

A couple of days of randomness

I have a couple stories from the past couple days I thought would be fun to share.

Yesterday I had a job interview!!! It is for my boss's job at Independent Study. She is having a baby, so I want her job. We shall see how that turns out. After the interview I was waiting in the parking lot for Jarom to come pick me up. While I was waiting there, a lost traveler asked me for directions to the Wilkenson parking lot. I told her to take a right out of the parking lot, then a right at the stop light, and blah blah blah. She thanked my and proceeded on her trek. I then became aware of why she was lost. She took a left out of the parking lot. Not a right, a left. I said right. One left does not equal two rights. It must be hard to get places if you get your lefts and rights mixed up. Poor lady.

Yesterday we also decided to drive up to view an apartment that is for rent. We are getting kicked out of ours since our landlord's daughter wants to live there. It is kind of funny cuz my landlord didn't even have the guts to be straight with us and tell us that, but that's another story. So we were driving up to this apartment which was on the side of the mountatin. We started going up and up and up, and the roads kept getting steeper and steeper, and our car went slower and slower. We didn't even get all the way there when we decided, "Um, our car is hating us right now trying to get up this hill. I don't think it would be worth it doing this everyday." So we turned around and went home without even looking at the apartment. (If you have any hookups for affordable apartments, let us know!...as long as it's not on a hill) Our car has decided the fate of our house. Sad.

Today I was walking up the stairs of death for my one class. On my way up the stairs, I got passed by a midget, taking on those death stairs two at a time. This made me feel really lazy. My legs were as long as his whole body, and I was slowly going up, one at a time.....

That's all.

Comments

Lisa said…
"little person," Gina. Not midget.
Shame on you.
Unknown said…
very good randomness! poor mixed up directions lady. I wonder if that is some sort of disorder!
And nice how your car gets so much say in your decisions!
And you are lazy! and what a cool midget!
Mrs. Jones said…
Who is having the baby? Rachael?
Potters said…
http://provo.craigslist.org/apa/934192962.html
Andrea Jolene said…
Dude - if I was kicking you out of your apt - I'd be totally strait shootin. "You two! Adious!" That's how I roll. Roll out!

Popular posts from this blog

Curb Appeal Galore

 This post is to document the journey our outside of our house has been on over the last few years. A lot of these projects I took on this summer, and a few I did earlier. I am so happy with where we are currently at, but still have some plans before it's finished. So, here is what it looked like the day we bought the house. Seven years ago. Don't let the "grass" fool you. It's just weeds. And the ugly brown window trims paired with the ridiculously old glass in the windows and the green brick with maroon grout. Not too pretty. We have since painted the door, trim, and replaced the windows. Also replaced the porch light and house numbers.  This spring we also had a new concrete half circle driveway installed. We live on a busy street and our front yard is useless and our driveway is tiny. So now we have much more functionality, less weeds, and overall happiness. After the driveway was installed, I also ripped out the rest of the grass and installed some decorative...

Things I've learned about babies

These are things I never realized or knew about babies that I have learned since having one of my own! -Babies are grimy. I still don't understand how they can get so dirty. How did you get all this dirt under your fingernails!? You can't even DO anything with your fingers! -You know that soft spot on their head? You can totally see their heartbeat in it sometimes. It's kind of disconcerting. -Once you finally figure out some type of routine or normalcy......it changes. -Apparently babies can still "bite" their tongues, even though they don't have teeth. I guess technically they're gumming their tongue? Which doesn't sound too painful, but when a red pinched blood vessel looking thing shows up on the tip of your baby's tongue, you realize that it might be a bit painful. -Babies have to be pretty tough, they experience a lot of pain! From being born (it just can't feel great being squeezed through a birth canal), to teething...for mont...

Good and Bad Discoveries of the Week

This week we have discovered the secret to life in Provo!! I am serious, it's the best thing ever, and everyone who lives in or near Provo, must take advantage of this secret to life. 1. Go to the Winsong movie theater 2. Purchase a ticket for "Take" (preferably Matinee) 3. Preferably, do not watch this movie because it is a waste of time. But if you have nothing better to do with yourself, go ahead and watch it. 4. Take your movie stub to the dollar theater located by Costco in Orem 5. Finally, enjoy UNLIMITED free movies at this theater. That's right, I said UNLIMITED FREE MOVIES at the dollar theater. I know this sounds to good to be true, but it is oh so true. I have done it, and it works. Last night, we watched a free Indiana Jones from this movie ticket. It was amazing. The movie Take is pretty worthless, but the reward is priceless. Ok, so on to the bad discoveries of the week. I have recently become aware of the advantages and disadvantages that tag along with...