This morning I was on my way to work with my friend Annalise who is my wonderful ride. While we were sitting in a left-turn lane on our green light waiting to turn left--obviously-- something crazy happened. The oncoming van started to turn right onto the street we were waiting to turn left onto, and out of nowhere, in came a speeddemon right through his red light and slammed into the van. Right in front of us. Talk about front-row seats! I think everyone stood still for about 30 seconds in shock. Annalise who was driving finally snapped out of it and pulled the car around so we could park and go see if everyone was alright. I got on the phone with 911 and Annalise called work to tell them we would be a little late today.
When I got a representative, I told them about the wreck, she asked if there were airbags..I think.. and I said yes. She then said she was going to put me on hold.
Ten minutes later..still on hold. What should I do? Call back so I can actually talk to someone? Why am I on hold? We need an ambulance here! Shortly thereafter we hear sirens coming, so we have hope. The guy we were standing next to wasn't getting out of his car, I think he was pretty shocked. He said he had just looked down at his cell phone, and then BAM! I think he must have been texting or dialing for awhile, because his light was really red. Anyways, the cops show up, and then the lady gets back on the phone with me and asks if I'm still there. Yep, still here! She says, okay, an officer is on his way. Nope, already here! Oh, well I'll let ya got then. Gee, thanks for your help. Maybe while I was on hold you were actually doing your job getting the police there, but it would be more helpful if you TOLD me what you were doing so I don't wonder if you forgot about me and if I should call back to get some help. Just an idea.
So they showed up and took the guy out on a stretcher. We wrote down our reports for the police and then came to work. Unfortunately for us, we now smell like that dude's burning, smoking, yucky car. If you are wondering, it doesn't smell good.
But at least it looks like everyone will be alright, and we were not involved. Counting our blessings! Especially since we were only feet from the explosion.
When I got a representative, I told them about the wreck, she asked if there were airbags..I think.. and I said yes. She then said she was going to put me on hold.
Ten minutes later..still on hold. What should I do? Call back so I can actually talk to someone? Why am I on hold? We need an ambulance here! Shortly thereafter we hear sirens coming, so we have hope. The guy we were standing next to wasn't getting out of his car, I think he was pretty shocked. He said he had just looked down at his cell phone, and then BAM! I think he must have been texting or dialing for awhile, because his light was really red. Anyways, the cops show up, and then the lady gets back on the phone with me and asks if I'm still there. Yep, still here! She says, okay, an officer is on his way. Nope, already here! Oh, well I'll let ya got then. Gee, thanks for your help. Maybe while I was on hold you were actually doing your job getting the police there, but it would be more helpful if you TOLD me what you were doing so I don't wonder if you forgot about me and if I should call back to get some help. Just an idea.
So they showed up and took the guy out on a stretcher. We wrote down our reports for the police and then came to work. Unfortunately for us, we now smell like that dude's burning, smoking, yucky car. If you are wondering, it doesn't smell good.
But at least it looks like everyone will be alright, and we were not involved. Counting our blessings! Especially since we were only feet from the explosion.
Comments