Skip to main content

Inconsiderate Neighbors!

We have these neighbors who live directly above our heads. They are nice people, and are actually children of our landlords, but sometimes, they really get under my skin. I will share 3 examples:

1) We have two regular sized garbage cans outside, one with our house number on it, for us, and another for them. For some reason, they don't seem to be able to make the distinction between the two. Granted, this problem is a lot better now than it used to be, but I will still mention it. They regularly fill their own garbage can within days of it being emptied, and promptly move to ours, rendering us unable to take our garbage out. It is so frustrating having a chuck-full garbage can just because someone else has a lot of junk, every week, and they think they should be able to use your can too. So I am stuck with stinky garbage inside until the garbage man comes. I have absolutely no problem with people topping off other's garbages, say, the morning of garbage day. This way, you don't inconvenience the people whose garbage can it actually is!


2) My second pet peeve is their use of the shared washer and dryer. Not only do they wash their clothes way too frequently, but they leave them in the washer for days, or even weeks, rendering us unable to wash our own clothes without pulling theirs out. I don't like touching other people's underwear too much, call me weird. Most of the time I just wait it out until they remember that they forgot to finish their laundry that they started last week, but sometimes, I run out of clothes! So I can't wait any longer! Also, sometimes my waiting approach doesn't work out the way I'd hoped because the only reason they remember about the old clothes is because they brought down new clothes, which doesn't quite free up the utilities for us.



3) Ok, last one. This is actually the real reason I'm even writing about this today, because it happened today and I've been putting up with the other stuff for a long time. At 6:30 this morning, yes, AM! I woke up startled because the sound I woke up to was the Office Theme song BLARING from their TV. I have never heard their TV that loud before, EVER. It sounded like it was in our apartment. You've GOT to be KIDDING ME! And not only that, they left it on for two hours, watching the ENTIRE third season at this ridiculously loud level of noise. So much for sleeping in on Sunday morning.

Other than that, I am a happy person and have a good sunday afternoon!

Comments

Mrs. Jones said…
Oh hon.... I completely understand!!! My Logan neighbors are not nearly as considerate as my Provo neighbors. But nothing warms my heart as hearing you vent about yours. :)
Unknown said…
OH! That is obnoxious! the office thing really was the kicker. if you can tell what they are watching and even what season it is, Definately too loud!!!!
Andrea Jolene said…
Dude - crappy neighbors are the worst. At least you don't have to deal with crappy roomies though. I'm lucky to have good ones - but remember the days of crappy roomies when the smells and loudness was right in your own HOME! Shudder...
rekcedeel said…
I like the Office theme.

Popular posts from this blog

Curb Appeal Galore

 This post is to document the journey our outside of our house has been on over the last few years. A lot of these projects I took on this summer, and a few I did earlier. I am so happy with where we are currently at, but still have some plans before it's finished. So, here is what it looked like the day we bought the house. Seven years ago. Don't let the "grass" fool you. It's just weeds. And the ugly brown window trims paired with the ridiculously old glass in the windows and the green brick with maroon grout. Not too pretty. We have since painted the door, trim, and replaced the windows. Also replaced the porch light and house numbers.  This spring we also had a new concrete half circle driveway installed. We live on a busy street and our front yard is useless and our driveway is tiny. So now we have much more functionality, less weeds, and overall happiness. After the driveway was installed, I also ripped out the rest of the grass and installed some decorative...

Things I've learned about babies

These are things I never realized or knew about babies that I have learned since having one of my own! -Babies are grimy. I still don't understand how they can get so dirty. How did you get all this dirt under your fingernails!? You can't even DO anything with your fingers! -You know that soft spot on their head? You can totally see their heartbeat in it sometimes. It's kind of disconcerting. -Once you finally figure out some type of routine or normalcy......it changes. -Apparently babies can still "bite" their tongues, even though they don't have teeth. I guess technically they're gumming their tongue? Which doesn't sound too painful, but when a red pinched blood vessel looking thing shows up on the tip of your baby's tongue, you realize that it might be a bit painful. -Babies have to be pretty tough, they experience a lot of pain! From being born (it just can't feel great being squeezed through a birth canal), to teething...for mont...

Good and Bad Discoveries of the Week

This week we have discovered the secret to life in Provo!! I am serious, it's the best thing ever, and everyone who lives in or near Provo, must take advantage of this secret to life. 1. Go to the Winsong movie theater 2. Purchase a ticket for "Take" (preferably Matinee) 3. Preferably, do not watch this movie because it is a waste of time. But if you have nothing better to do with yourself, go ahead and watch it. 4. Take your movie stub to the dollar theater located by Costco in Orem 5. Finally, enjoy UNLIMITED free movies at this theater. That's right, I said UNLIMITED FREE MOVIES at the dollar theater. I know this sounds to good to be true, but it is oh so true. I have done it, and it works. Last night, we watched a free Indiana Jones from this movie ticket. It was amazing. The movie Take is pretty worthless, but the reward is priceless. Ok, so on to the bad discoveries of the week. I have recently become aware of the advantages and disadvantages that tag along with...