So for the past few months I have been having problems getting my Verizon Wireless bill delivered to my house. Verizon says they have faithfully been sending paper bills to my house, and the post office says they are delivering everything, but alas, they are no where to be seen. Apparently they are being sent into the Bermuda Triangle and disappearing from there..POOF!
Anyways, today I wanted to get ahold of the local post office while at work. I have a very ambitious and helpful co-worker named Annalise who decided to help me out. Before I could even say I was going to call the 800 number, she jumped on her phone saying she would be calling the 800 number to find out what our local post office's number was. Ok, I said, you're so helpful. Ü (We've been really bored at work lately, I think she is just looking for something to do!) Once she gets someone on the phone, they actually won't give her our local number because they are the customer service hotline, not anyone else. So unexptectadly to her, they start asking her name and address and phone number. She then starts pretending, to be ME! The lady on the phone asked her if she wanted a return phone call, and Annalise replies with, "um, can I put you on hold for a second?" The lady was probably confused as to why Annalise, pretending to be Gina, had to consult someone else as to whether or not she should risk being called back. But her reply to Annalise was even better: "I can hold for 60 seconds." Really? You have a time limit? Will you just hang up after 60 seconds? You see, Annalise and I also work at a call center, and though we get annoyed when people call us and then put us on hold, we never give them a time limit. But, maybe we should! Hey, STOP IGNORING ME, or I'll HANG up on you in 60 seconds! And how does she time that? Does she have a stop watch, or just guess? I guess this can be categorized as one of the things I would like to know, once I get to the other side.

That's the end of my funny story for the day, but in case you were curious about my well-being, I still haven't figured out where my stupid phone bills are going and why they aren't showing up at my door like they should.
Comments