KITCHEN:
Remember Optimus Prime?
Remember how this was my first attempt at cake decorating? Well last night Jarom and I decided to try fondant for the first time. We wanted a smooth cake, just like what the professionals use! Here it is.

When we made this we weren't trying to make anything in particular, just a normal cake covered in fondant. When it was done, it was just so white and blank, and the top two edges just happened to be rounded, so it reminded me of a tomb stone. So I used the extra fondant to decorate a bit. Then Jarom pulled out some food coloring and painted away. Ha. But, we now know how to make fondant, so maybe we can try something more crazy soon! And oh man is it SWEET. Lots of sugar.
Also, over the weekend I learned a very valuable lesson. I learned the exact time in the microwave you need to reach the explosion point of margarine. 29 seconds. Not 30. 29. Because I put it in for 30. And it exploded with 1 second left. It was the loudest boom I've ever heard from a microwave. When I opened the door, every single surface was dripping with margarine. And there was a little tiny puddle left in the bowl I had put it in. I have to say, I was definitely not expecting that to happen.
BATHROOM:
While using the Provo Library bathroom, I saw this inside the stall:

My first thought that it was probably there to change diapers.....
But then I realized, usually people like their baby to be laying down to change diapers...not sitting up. After contemplating this predicament for awhile, I finally came to the only logical conclusion: This is the new age babysitter! If you want to go stroll through the library for awhile, undisturbed by your child, just strap them to the wall! They won't get lost, or hurt, and if they cry, you won't be able to hear them! It's perfect. Just strap them here and be on your merry way. When you're done, they'll be right where you left them! Good thinking library.
Remember Optimus Prime?
Also, over the weekend I learned a very valuable lesson. I learned the exact time in the microwave you need to reach the explosion point of margarine. 29 seconds. Not 30. 29. Because I put it in for 30. And it exploded with 1 second left. It was the loudest boom I've ever heard from a microwave. When I opened the door, every single surface was dripping with margarine. And there was a little tiny puddle left in the bowl I had put it in. I have to say, I was definitely not expecting that to happen.
BATHROOM:
While using the Provo Library bathroom, I saw this inside the stall:
But then I realized, usually people like their baby to be laying down to change diapers...not sitting up. After contemplating this predicament for awhile, I finally came to the only logical conclusion: This is the new age babysitter! If you want to go stroll through the library for awhile, undisturbed by your child, just strap them to the wall! They won't get lost, or hurt, and if they cry, you won't be able to hear them! It's perfect. Just strap them here and be on your merry way. When you're done, they'll be right where you left them! Good thinking library.
Comments