Ok, my first week of work is officially done. It consisted of two whole days! Yeah...school started on Thursday, so I started on Thursday. But I think it was good to ease into a new job a little at a time.
Anyway. When I was growing up, mostly through middle school and high school, it was very common for people to think I was older than I was. In fact, most conversations about this went as follows:
Them (This could be a new friend, an adult, or a boy who thinks he's going to hit on me): "So....how old are ya anyway?"
Me: "15"
Them: "Augh. What?!?!? You're so YOUNG!!! I can't believe I'm talking to you! I thought you were a lot older! Are you sure you're still in high school?"
Me: "...yes."
Well it appears that now that I am done with not only middle school and high school, but also college, my younger-looking years are starting to appear now instead of when they should have..back then.
I work at a junior high school. That means that the OLDEST kids who are there are 14. FOURTEEN years old. I think to myself "There's no way anyone will mistake me for a student here...right?"
Well so far, after two days of work, I have had one staff member warn me that I would be mistaken for a student all the time, I had another staff member interrogate me when realizing I was trying to gain access to a staff only area, And, a 7th grader ask me if I had been held back. Um. No. I'm like two feet taller than all of you.
My age is reversing.
Anyway. When I was growing up, mostly through middle school and high school, it was very common for people to think I was older than I was. In fact, most conversations about this went as follows:
Them (This could be a new friend, an adult, or a boy who thinks he's going to hit on me): "So....how old are ya anyway?"
Me: "15"
Them: "Augh. What?!?!? You're so YOUNG!!! I can't believe I'm talking to you! I thought you were a lot older! Are you sure you're still in high school?"
Me: "...yes."
Well it appears that now that I am done with not only middle school and high school, but also college, my younger-looking years are starting to appear now instead of when they should have..back then.
I work at a junior high school. That means that the OLDEST kids who are there are 14. FOURTEEN years old. I think to myself "There's no way anyone will mistake me for a student here...right?"
Well so far, after two days of work, I have had one staff member warn me that I would be mistaken for a student all the time, I had another staff member interrogate me when realizing I was trying to gain access to a staff only area, And, a 7th grader ask me if I had been held back. Um. No. I'm like two feet taller than all of you.
My age is reversing.
Comments