The past few weeks we have been frantically trying to find a new apartment to move into. We only have until the 31st to get out of ours. But we would like to get out by the 19th-20th so that we can travel to Washington for Christmas. As this date gets closer and closer, we get more nervous and frantic. And I just have to say, I really really hate a trend that I have discovered. This was not the case in any apartments I have previously lived in, but now it seems that EVERY single place we have looked at and decided it might be decently okay to live there, we have to fill out an application to live there. We can't just say, "We want this place let me sign a contract." Instead we have to try to sell ourselves as the best candidate and fill out an application and sit on our thumbs for days while we wait for their decision. It is SO LAME. I am beginning to hate it. I just want to say yes, I want this place and we are moving in now. Instead of applying, applying, applying, not hearing, not hearing, not hearing. I hate feeling like I'm applying for a job when I'm not. We would like to get out of Provo, but at the same time we both work at BYU so it would be nice to stay in Provo. In case our car decides to die (neither one of us actually fully trust our car yet) we would like to be able to continue living by walking to work as oppposed to riding the bus for 2 hours.
This post is to document the journey our outside of our house has been on over the last few years. A lot of these projects I took on this summer, and a few I did earlier. I am so happy with where we are currently at, but still have some plans before it's finished. So, here is what it looked like the day we bought the house. Seven years ago. Don't let the "grass" fool you. It's just weeds. And the ugly brown window trims paired with the ridiculously old glass in the windows and the green brick with maroon grout. Not too pretty. We have since painted the door, trim, and replaced the windows. Also replaced the porch light and house numbers. This spring we also had a new concrete half circle driveway installed. We live on a busy street and our front yard is useless and our driveway is tiny. So now we have much more functionality, less weeds, and overall happiness. After the driveway was installed, I also ripped out the rest of the grass and installed some decorative...
Comments