Thanks to a fellow blogger, I found out about an amazing sale today at Albertson's. The sale was if you buy one Sara Lee pumpkin, apple, or cherry pie, you receive another one free, PLUS two cartons of Breyers ice cream. Quite the deal, yes? I thought so too.
So I rushed to Albertson's today after class since the sale ends tomorrow. I was worried about there not being any left, but I was lucky enough to find two cherry pies left, pushed back against the wall on the bottom shelf. Not to worry, their expiration dates aren't until July 2009. I picked out my two favorite ice creams, and off I was to the register. I thought I was so frugal when my $6.40 total rang up.
When I got home, we decided to partake of our new bounty. We promptly threw one pie in the freezer, and opened the other. I always thought that this was how pies were supposed to look..
.
Mmmm, looks tasty, doesn't it? Wait until you see what ours looked like!
Mmmm, fresh out of the box! No, that green coloring is not additional wanted flavoring.
So we quickly put it back into the box and opened the other pie. Thankfully, this one looked normal and delicious. So we put that one in the oven. We ate dinner, and I was proactive. I drove the green pie back to the store and got a new one, a pumpkin one. When I got home, we decided to eat our delicious cherry pie. That's about as far as we got. After taking one bite each, we threw the whole pie away. It tasted nasty, rancid, choking, gag AUGH! Can't get the taste out of me mouth!!! What is that black stuff in my filling?!
After dumping the pie upside down in our backyard on its way to the garbage can, we just decided to settle with safe ice cream. We are not gutsy enough to try the pumpkin yet. Maybe we'll invite some guests over for dinner when we cook it and make them try it first...
So does anyone wonder why these pies are on sale? I don't! "Here, take our pies for free, and we'll give you some edible ice cream along with it!" Right now, we're just crossing our fingers that we don't wake up puking our guts out in the morning. All I need now is food poisoning.
So I rushed to Albertson's today after class since the sale ends tomorrow. I was worried about there not being any left, but I was lucky enough to find two cherry pies left, pushed back against the wall on the bottom shelf. Not to worry, their expiration dates aren't until July 2009. I picked out my two favorite ice creams, and off I was to the register. I thought I was so frugal when my $6.40 total rang up.
When I got home, we decided to partake of our new bounty. We promptly threw one pie in the freezer, and opened the other. I always thought that this was how pies were supposed to look..
.

Mmmm, looks tasty, doesn't it? Wait until you see what ours looked like!
So we quickly put it back into the box and opened the other pie. Thankfully, this one looked normal and delicious. So we put that one in the oven. We ate dinner, and I was proactive. I drove the green pie back to the store and got a new one, a pumpkin one. When I got home, we decided to eat our delicious cherry pie. That's about as far as we got. After taking one bite each, we threw the whole pie away. It tasted nasty, rancid, choking, gag AUGH! Can't get the taste out of me mouth!!! What is that black stuff in my filling?!
After dumping the pie upside down in our backyard on its way to the garbage can, we just decided to settle with safe ice cream. We are not gutsy enough to try the pumpkin yet. Maybe we'll invite some guests over for dinner when we cook it and make them try it first...
So does anyone wonder why these pies are on sale? I don't! "Here, take our pies for free, and we'll give you some edible ice cream along with it!" Right now, we're just crossing our fingers that we don't wake up puking our guts out in the morning. All I need now is food poisoning.
Comments