Right now I am taking a weird Music of Persia class. It consists of about 8 people, and once a week we all sit around playing weird Persian instruments. (Yes, I know it is lame, but come on. This is my last semester and I didn't want hard classes). There are only like 2 or 3 people who actually can play and follow along the notes. The rest of the people hit about 1 note for every 20. We sound terrible. But that is okay, easy "A" right?
Last night, instead of having normal class, my teacher wanted us to go to a concert where people who play these instruments professionally would be performing. It's really just because my teacher was performing and probably wanted his students to oogle over his talent. Here is the problem, the concert was in Salt Lake City. I had no interest in spending 4 hours of my night driving to and from this concert that I didn't even want to attend anyway, spend $40 in gas for my gas guzzler, and hate my life. So I decided not to go. Especially because we're not getting graded for it, it is not in the syllabus, it was a random "Oh yeah, by the way you need to go to this concert next week and here are the tickets!"
So last week in class my teacher handed out the tickets to everyone. I, however, was not in class. (Don't worry, I go most of the time). He then gave two tickets to my friend who is taking the class with me. We will call her C. She forgot to bring me my ticket at work, and then thought she could give it to me on Wednesday, the day of the concert, at work, but I don't work on Wednesdays. So, she needed to get ahold of me to give me my ticket. (I had not told her I wasn't going). She couldn't find anyone with my number, so she looked me up on BYU Stalkernet, successfully found my number and gave me a call. This was a very helpful tool for her to be able to get into contact with me. I then told her that I didn't need the ticket because I decided not to go. She asked if it was okay if she gave my ticket to someone else. SURE, why not?
Ok, so that is my example of Stalkernet being a tool.
A couple hours later, however....I got another phone call. This was from "L" who is also in my class. He is a man. He shouldn't know what my last name is, I don't know what his last name is. I never talk to him. Why is he calling me? I answer, he says "Hey, I was wondering if I could hitch a ride with you up to the concert?" Oh, I'm actually not going, so, sorry but no. "Oh. Okay. Well then I'll just drive myself up then." WHAT?!? You have your OWN car and you're asking to go up with me??? In my gas guzzling SUV? How do you even know if I have a car or not!?!? "So, why aren't you going?" Because I have other plans. What's it to ya? "OK, by then." Bye.
So here is my beef. Why would he call the ONLY married girl in the class to try and hitch a ride ALONE with her up to this stupid concert? Why did he assume I had a car, why/how did he find my number? Why wouldn't he offer to carpool, instead of "Can you come get me?" AND...I found out today while talking to "C" about it, that she TOLD HIM yesterday that I WASN'T GOING. He was telling her he wanted to call me for a ride, so she said "Gina's not going. You shouldn't call her." He says "Oh, I think I'll still call her." WHAT?!?!!? WHY!!!! Who are YOU! Why are you calling me when you were already told NO! Stalkernet=weapon.
Last night, instead of having normal class, my teacher wanted us to go to a concert where people who play these instruments professionally would be performing. It's really just because my teacher was performing and probably wanted his students to oogle over his talent. Here is the problem, the concert was in Salt Lake City. I had no interest in spending 4 hours of my night driving to and from this concert that I didn't even want to attend anyway, spend $40 in gas for my gas guzzler, and hate my life. So I decided not to go. Especially because we're not getting graded for it, it is not in the syllabus, it was a random "Oh yeah, by the way you need to go to this concert next week and here are the tickets!"
So last week in class my teacher handed out the tickets to everyone. I, however, was not in class. (Don't worry, I go most of the time). He then gave two tickets to my friend who is taking the class with me. We will call her C. She forgot to bring me my ticket at work, and then thought she could give it to me on Wednesday, the day of the concert, at work, but I don't work on Wednesdays. So, she needed to get ahold of me to give me my ticket. (I had not told her I wasn't going). She couldn't find anyone with my number, so she looked me up on BYU Stalkernet, successfully found my number and gave me a call. This was a very helpful tool for her to be able to get into contact with me. I then told her that I didn't need the ticket because I decided not to go. She asked if it was okay if she gave my ticket to someone else. SURE, why not?
Ok, so that is my example of Stalkernet being a tool.
A couple hours later, however....I got another phone call. This was from "L" who is also in my class. He is a man. He shouldn't know what my last name is, I don't know what his last name is. I never talk to him. Why is he calling me? I answer, he says "Hey, I was wondering if I could hitch a ride with you up to the concert?" Oh, I'm actually not going, so, sorry but no. "Oh. Okay. Well then I'll just drive myself up then." WHAT?!? You have your OWN car and you're asking to go up with me??? In my gas guzzling SUV? How do you even know if I have a car or not!?!? "So, why aren't you going?" Because I have other plans. What's it to ya? "OK, by then." Bye.
So here is my beef. Why would he call the ONLY married girl in the class to try and hitch a ride ALONE with her up to this stupid concert? Why did he assume I had a car, why/how did he find my number? Why wouldn't he offer to carpool, instead of "Can you come get me?" AND...I found out today while talking to "C" about it, that she TOLD HIM yesterday that I WASN'T GOING. He was telling her he wanted to call me for a ride, so she said "Gina's not going. You shouldn't call her." He says "Oh, I think I'll still call her." WHAT?!?!!? WHY!!!! Who are YOU! Why are you calling me when you were already told NO! Stalkernet=weapon.
Comments