Yesterday I made cinnamon rolls. I was able to get them most of the way done before I had to leave, so I asked Jarom to finish and put them in the oven for me so they'd be done by the time I got back. We were bringing them to my brother's house for dinner.
When I got back home, this is how Jarom greeted me.
"Hey! I always thought it was just your cooking, but I think it might be the OVEN'S fault that food burns all the time."
...
Jarom still doesn't see anything wrong with this sentence. I only hope I am not the only one out there who thinks there are so many better ways this could have been phrased.
He then proceeded to explain how he came to this new conclusion. He put two pans of cinnamon rolls in the oven at the same time. One on the right, one on the left. He put the oven 50 degrees under what the recipe said, and cooked it for half the time. (This is something we always have to do in order to keep our baked foods edible.) When he pulled them out, all the rolls on the left side of the oven were burnt, and all the ones on the right side were not even done yet. You could see a very straight line of burntness going down the center of the oven. So there was a row of rolls that were half burnt half raw. Weird huh? Apparently, every time he's cooked before, he always puts his pans on the right side of the oven so they never burn, and I always put mine on the left. Who knew we got a dual-heating oven?



When I got back home, this is how Jarom greeted me.
"Hey! I always thought it was just your cooking, but I think it might be the OVEN'S fault that food burns all the time."
...
Jarom still doesn't see anything wrong with this sentence. I only hope I am not the only one out there who thinks there are so many better ways this could have been phrased.
He then proceeded to explain how he came to this new conclusion. He put two pans of cinnamon rolls in the oven at the same time. One on the right, one on the left. He put the oven 50 degrees under what the recipe said, and cooked it for half the time. (This is something we always have to do in order to keep our baked foods edible.) When he pulled them out, all the rolls on the left side of the oven were burnt, and all the ones on the right side were not even done yet. You could see a very straight line of burntness going down the center of the oven. So there was a row of rolls that were half burnt half raw. Weird huh? Apparently, every time he's cooked before, he always puts his pans on the right side of the oven so they never burn, and I always put mine on the left. Who knew we got a dual-heating oven?



Comments