Today in class, the kids were working on a project on the computers where they were making a slideshow. My student got to the point where he was ready to add music to his presentation. He started browsing through the different choices, and then came upon this. To my surprise, every kid in the class got all excited and started singing along quite well...
...I just sat there with my mouth hung dumbly open and my eyebrows raised. Wow.
On a side note. I thought I was past this phase in my work life, but apparently not. I went to get "school/work" pictures today. They made an announcement that staff could cut to the front of the line of students. So I walk up there along with a few others behind me. Then the lady behind the table looks past me and says "Anyone who's staff can come right up front here, you guys, you can come up here." I look straight at her and say "I'm staff." She then looks at me startled, like she didn't see me the first time, and says "Oh! I thought you were a student. I wish I could hold my age like you do."
Then I walked up to the photo booth. I sat down. The photo man moved my hair off my shoulder saying "Believe me, you'll thank me for moving your hair off your shoulder. You don't want to have hairy shoulders in Junior High!" sigh. I just smiled and sulked on my way out.
...I just sat there with my mouth hung dumbly open and my eyebrows raised. Wow.
On a side note. I thought I was past this phase in my work life, but apparently not. I went to get "school/work" pictures today. They made an announcement that staff could cut to the front of the line of students. So I walk up there along with a few others behind me. Then the lady behind the table looks past me and says "Anyone who's staff can come right up front here, you guys, you can come up here." I look straight at her and say "I'm staff." She then looks at me startled, like she didn't see me the first time, and says "Oh! I thought you were a student. I wish I could hold my age like you do."
Then I walked up to the photo booth. I sat down. The photo man moved my hair off my shoulder saying "Believe me, you'll thank me for moving your hair off your shoulder. You don't want to have hairy shoulders in Junior High!" sigh. I just smiled and sulked on my way out.
Comments
Wow....wow, wow, wow......