Last night Jarom and I babysat our niece and nephew while their parents went to the football game. For the vast majority of the night, both of them were really good and just had fun playing and running/rolling around. But there was just one thing that I just can't ignore. It will probably haunt my dreams for awhile.
Right when we got there, said niece was screaming. I took her and tried calming her down. Eventually I tried giving her a bottle, and that made her stop crying instantly. I had her on my lap while she was drinking. Soon, I noticed she wasn't really drinking anymore, just holding the bottle in her mouth. A couple seconds after that....the bottle came out, as well as everything in her stomach. Curdled milk and all. If you ask if this was a spit-up, I will tell you no. It was a full-blown adult-sized throw up. All over me. And a little on her brother. And a little on the couch. But, most of it, definitely on me.
So she started crying again, I picked her up and hauled her to the tub, trying to keep all the..chunks..from falling to the ground. Jarom cleaned up the couch and the nephew, and eventually the bathtub. After giving her a bath I was able to throw all of my clothes in the wash as well as hers. As soon as I took her out of the bathtub and wrapped a towel around her, she went to sleep. That instantly. So I put her into bed with a diaper on and a blanket, fearing if I tried to pull clothes over her she would start crying again. And she slept happily and when she woke up she was happy for the rest of the night! Once I got my clothes back and could stop wearing...towels....I was happy too. haha.
Jarom and I have since decided to always bring a spare change of clothes when babysitting.
Right when we got there, said niece was screaming. I took her and tried calming her down. Eventually I tried giving her a bottle, and that made her stop crying instantly. I had her on my lap while she was drinking. Soon, I noticed she wasn't really drinking anymore, just holding the bottle in her mouth. A couple seconds after that....the bottle came out, as well as everything in her stomach. Curdled milk and all. If you ask if this was a spit-up, I will tell you no. It was a full-blown adult-sized throw up. All over me. And a little on her brother. And a little on the couch. But, most of it, definitely on me.
So she started crying again, I picked her up and hauled her to the tub, trying to keep all the..chunks..from falling to the ground. Jarom cleaned up the couch and the nephew, and eventually the bathtub. After giving her a bath I was able to throw all of my clothes in the wash as well as hers. As soon as I took her out of the bathtub and wrapped a towel around her, she went to sleep. That instantly. So I put her into bed with a diaper on and a blanket, fearing if I tried to pull clothes over her she would start crying again. And she slept happily and when she woke up she was happy for the rest of the night! Once I got my clothes back and could stop wearing...towels....I was happy too. haha.
Jarom and I have since decided to always bring a spare change of clothes when babysitting.
Comments