Last night I confronted the BYU Rugby team in a confrontational way. But let's start at the beginning.
Last night we went to the BYU vs Utah women's volleyball game. It was going to be a good rivalry game, and fun to watch. We showed up and were told that there was a free party down the hall we could go get some food at! Nice. So we meander down and get some Krispie Cream donuts and chocolate milk. Good good.
Then we take our usual seats, on the north side, right on the floor behind the servers. We settle in. Then, these guys show up. They all eventually go right up top, directly over us. And they are all wearing horribly short shorts and wife beaters. That is all. Gross. And, the have painted their bodies blue and white. Their arms, faces, everything. Weird, but whatever. And even though they are grossly dressed, at least they're up above so we don't have to see them. Oh, and, they are the BYU Rugby team. And they seem to not know anything about volleyball. They were probably just there to try and win over the hearts of the cute women's players. But whatever.
As the game gets going, this team decides they can't stand to just sit down or stand up in their area, they have to lean as far over the railing as they can to cheer and wave and jump around. All of a sudden, I hear one of them yell "BOOM!" A second later, his gum lands right between Jarom and I, on the ground. Gross! GROSS! I look up at them and he was kind of laughing but also apologetic. Not too bad, at least he didn't do it on purpose and was kind of sorry.
But then, we started noticing little flakes of blue and white appearing on ourselves. Our clothes, our skin, our chairs, all aroud us. I look up, see dancing crazy men in blue and white, I look down, see blue and white. GAW, their PAINT is falling all over US! I tried to ignore it for awhile. But it kept coming, and some started SMEARING on me when I tried to wipe it away. AND, I could feel little droplets of SPIT raining down as they shouted. IT WAS SO DISGUSTING!!!
I made it through 1 1/2 games without saying anything. Then I had had it. I was done. I tried to get any of the THREE guys who were with me to say something to them. None of them would. Maybe they just didn't care like I did, who knows. So finally I stand up and yell (I'm just yelling because it was extremely loud in there and I wanted them to hear me)
"HEY GUYS! YOUR PAINT IS FALLING ALL OVER US!!!!" "UGH, WHAT?!" "YOU'RE PAINT! IT'S FALLING ALL OVER US!!!" "UH, IT'S DANDRUFF." "NO! IT'S BLUE!!!! COULD YOU JUST BACK AWAY FROM THE RAILING A BIT SO YOU STOP RAINING ON US?!?!?!" (This went on for a little while, I had to keep telling them to back away, using hand motions and stuff to get them to try and get the point)
One guy from the back row (so he wasn't even leaning over the banister) hops up real fast and yells NO! and then disappears behind them again. After I turn around I hear a "Party Pooper!"
WHAT?! How am I a PARTY POOPER! You can still cheer and yell all you want! But you don't have to be throwing yourselves over the banister to do that! I'm sorry that I don't like getting spit and paint on! But I don't think anyone would. Whatever.
Anyways, that was my confrontational confront. It kind of got better after that, but we still had some paint coming down. And some spittle. So whatever. And it added to the depressing fact the BYU lost. They had such good first two sets! They killed UTAH! But then they lost the next two. The third one was really close, BYU could have won it right there, but Utah slipped in a win. The 5th game was just terrible.
Last night we went to the BYU vs Utah women's volleyball game. It was going to be a good rivalry game, and fun to watch. We showed up and were told that there was a free party down the hall we could go get some food at! Nice. So we meander down and get some Krispie Cream donuts and chocolate milk. Good good.
Then we take our usual seats, on the north side, right on the floor behind the servers. We settle in. Then, these guys show up. They all eventually go right up top, directly over us. And they are all wearing horribly short shorts and wife beaters. That is all. Gross. And, the have painted their bodies blue and white. Their arms, faces, everything. Weird, but whatever. And even though they are grossly dressed, at least they're up above so we don't have to see them. Oh, and, they are the BYU Rugby team. And they seem to not know anything about volleyball. They were probably just there to try and win over the hearts of the cute women's players. But whatever.
As the game gets going, this team decides they can't stand to just sit down or stand up in their area, they have to lean as far over the railing as they can to cheer and wave and jump around. All of a sudden, I hear one of them yell "BOOM!" A second later, his gum lands right between Jarom and I, on the ground. Gross! GROSS! I look up at them and he was kind of laughing but also apologetic. Not too bad, at least he didn't do it on purpose and was kind of sorry.
But then, we started noticing little flakes of blue and white appearing on ourselves. Our clothes, our skin, our chairs, all aroud us. I look up, see dancing crazy men in blue and white, I look down, see blue and white. GAW, their PAINT is falling all over US! I tried to ignore it for awhile. But it kept coming, and some started SMEARING on me when I tried to wipe it away. AND, I could feel little droplets of SPIT raining down as they shouted. IT WAS SO DISGUSTING!!!
I made it through 1 1/2 games without saying anything. Then I had had it. I was done. I tried to get any of the THREE guys who were with me to say something to them. None of them would. Maybe they just didn't care like I did, who knows. So finally I stand up and yell (I'm just yelling because it was extremely loud in there and I wanted them to hear me)
"HEY GUYS! YOUR PAINT IS FALLING ALL OVER US!!!!" "UGH, WHAT?!" "YOU'RE PAINT! IT'S FALLING ALL OVER US!!!" "UH, IT'S DANDRUFF." "NO! IT'S BLUE!!!! COULD YOU JUST BACK AWAY FROM THE RAILING A BIT SO YOU STOP RAINING ON US?!?!?!" (This went on for a little while, I had to keep telling them to back away, using hand motions and stuff to get them to try and get the point)
One guy from the back row (so he wasn't even leaning over the banister) hops up real fast and yells NO! and then disappears behind them again. After I turn around I hear a "Party Pooper!"
WHAT?! How am I a PARTY POOPER! You can still cheer and yell all you want! But you don't have to be throwing yourselves over the banister to do that! I'm sorry that I don't like getting spit and paint on! But I don't think anyone would. Whatever.
Anyways, that was my confrontational confront. It kind of got better after that, but we still had some paint coming down. And some spittle. So whatever. And it added to the depressing fact the BYU lost. They had such good first two sets! They killed UTAH! But then they lost the next two. The third one was really close, BYU could have won it right there, but Utah slipped in a win. The 5th game was just terrible.
Comments