I work in a call center. This means that I talk on the phone a lot. Most of these phone conversations last a few seconds, some last 3-5 minutes, and a few last 30 minutes to an hour...you know those people who just have a lot to say.
So I have always had this fear hidden in the back of my head, of what would I do if I had to go to the bathroom, but decided to take one more call before doing so. And then that call turned out to be a doozy and take a really long time, and I had to go really bad and started bouncing up and down in my seat...what would I do? Would I ask the person if I could put them on hold while I went to the bathroom? Or would I just say I had to look into the situation deeper and put them on hold while I run to the bathroom? AUGH, I don't know what I would do!!!!
Well the other day I had a very close call with this very fear. I took a supervisor call, (since I'm a supervisor, most the calls I take now are supervisor calls, which means they last longer than normal calls do anyway). About 20 minutes into the conversation I started feeling the need to get to the bathroom. No end in sight for the call. Minutes keep ticking by. I start bouncing. Wondering "Augh, what do I do, what do I do? AUGH." All of a sudden, the line gets cut and we're disconnected. I sit there in shock for a second, realize what happened. Ah HA! I have a break! Running running, to the bathroom. Get there, get back, and she is patiently waiting on hold for me to return, fully relieved and ready to settle in for another long conversation.
I don't know about you, but I believe this falls into the category of a tender mercy from the Lord. You know the kind that Bednar talks about. I'm a believer. The church IS true! One of my stupid little problems is solved.
So I have always had this fear hidden in the back of my head, of what would I do if I had to go to the bathroom, but decided to take one more call before doing so. And then that call turned out to be a doozy and take a really long time, and I had to go really bad and started bouncing up and down in my seat...what would I do? Would I ask the person if I could put them on hold while I went to the bathroom? Or would I just say I had to look into the situation deeper and put them on hold while I run to the bathroom? AUGH, I don't know what I would do!!!!
Well the other day I had a very close call with this very fear. I took a supervisor call, (since I'm a supervisor, most the calls I take now are supervisor calls, which means they last longer than normal calls do anyway). About 20 minutes into the conversation I started feeling the need to get to the bathroom. No end in sight for the call. Minutes keep ticking by. I start bouncing. Wondering "Augh, what do I do, what do I do? AUGH." All of a sudden, the line gets cut and we're disconnected. I sit there in shock for a second, realize what happened. Ah HA! I have a break! Running running, to the bathroom. Get there, get back, and she is patiently waiting on hold for me to return, fully relieved and ready to settle in for another long conversation.
I don't know about you, but I believe this falls into the category of a tender mercy from the Lord. You know the kind that Bednar talks about. I'm a believer. The church IS true! One of my stupid little problems is solved.
Comments
^ Gina's broadcasted Spark (inter-office communication).