I forgot to mention one more story that is definitely worth mentioning about bad drivers here. Not too long ago, we were sitting at a red light, as always seems to be the case. On the opposite side of the intersection, our oncoming traffic, there was a car in the left turn lane. When her light turned green, she creeped out for a little bit, and then thought better of her original decision to turn left, so she turned right. Yes. She turned RIGHT, from the LEFT turn lane. That mean she cut across two lanes of traffic to make her right turn. WHAT?!?! You can't just do that! You can't just do whatever you want!!!
That being said, I also need to make a clarification about my drawing from the last post. It is important to see that ALL THREE cars on my side of the road are stopped BEFORE the turning car starts to turn. It was wide open and all three had given their permission for that car to turn. It wasn't until after the car started turning, that the middle red car decided, Never mind, and pulled forward, blocking the gap and any way through. Extra jerkish.
And also, I hear a lot of Utahn's say that they're not really the bad drivers, it's really all those Californian's that move to Utah that drive bad. I'm sorry, that's just not true. Horrible, oblivious drivers are literally everywhere here in Utah, and most people who drive in Utah, believe it or not, are Utahns, born and bred.
This concludes my rant.
That being said, I also need to make a clarification about my drawing from the last post. It is important to see that ALL THREE cars on my side of the road are stopped BEFORE the turning car starts to turn. It was wide open and all three had given their permission for that car to turn. It wasn't until after the car started turning, that the middle red car decided, Never mind, and pulled forward, blocking the gap and any way through. Extra jerkish.
And also, I hear a lot of Utahn's say that they're not really the bad drivers, it's really all those Californian's that move to Utah that drive bad. I'm sorry, that's just not true. Horrible, oblivious drivers are literally everywhere here in Utah, and most people who drive in Utah, believe it or not, are Utahns, born and bred.
This concludes my rant.
Comments