Ok, this is getting ridiculous. This is the THIRD time this has happened to me. And it all started after I married Jarom. When Jarom cooks pasta, and it is done, instead of pouring it into a strainer and then back into the pan or wherever else you need to put it, he just uses the lid to hold the pasta in the pan and lets the water pour out. That way there is one less dish getting dirtied, and it just works. So I have tried to pick up this habit. After last night I think I have officially given up.
Here's how it goes down for me. I hold the pan at a strategic angle with one hand, and hold the lid with my other hand, letting the water pour out. I think to myself, "wow, this is working nicely." But then, my hand holding the pan always gets tired and can't hold the pan anymore. So I put it down to rest a bit. Then I either pick it up with my other hand, causing my hands to be criss crossed, or just get more desparate when I pick it up and start moving the lid back and forth trying to let more water out. Always, at this point, I lose my grip or something, and the lid gets out of place, and ALL the pasta gets dumped into the sink. All of it. There's not one noodle left in the pan.
Then I sit there and stare at it for awhile. Maybe I stick my lip out to pout. Maybe I don't. But in the end I have to scoop all the pasta up I can, while lots of it slips down into the garbage dispoal, irretrievable. Then, my pasta is all grossified because of the unsterile sink. So I have to fill the pan back up with water, bring that new water to a boil and sterilize my pasta. This ends up doubling my cooking time, loosing some food, and in the end, I have to use the strainer anyways because I have given up the tricky lid/pan combination.
On another completely different note, I just need to give you two more examples of terrible drivers I saw just yesterday and the day before. I'm trying to get it into your head how often this crap happens. Yesterday, the cars going straight got a green light, and the left turn cars still had a red light. This didn't stop the left turn car to punch his gas and cut in front of the straight, green light car. Stupidhead. And then, the day before, There was a car sitting at a red left turn light, and he decided that red really didn't mean stop, that it actually meant yield. So since he decided it was safe, he pulled a U-turn. From the red left turn light. What an idiot.
Here's how it goes down for me. I hold the pan at a strategic angle with one hand, and hold the lid with my other hand, letting the water pour out. I think to myself, "wow, this is working nicely." But then, my hand holding the pan always gets tired and can't hold the pan anymore. So I put it down to rest a bit. Then I either pick it up with my other hand, causing my hands to be criss crossed, or just get more desparate when I pick it up and start moving the lid back and forth trying to let more water out. Always, at this point, I lose my grip or something, and the lid gets out of place, and ALL the pasta gets dumped into the sink. All of it. There's not one noodle left in the pan.
Then I sit there and stare at it for awhile. Maybe I stick my lip out to pout. Maybe I don't. But in the end I have to scoop all the pasta up I can, while lots of it slips down into the garbage dispoal, irretrievable. Then, my pasta is all grossified because of the unsterile sink. So I have to fill the pan back up with water, bring that new water to a boil and sterilize my pasta. This ends up doubling my cooking time, loosing some food, and in the end, I have to use the strainer anyways because I have given up the tricky lid/pan combination.
On another completely different note, I just need to give you two more examples of terrible drivers I saw just yesterday and the day before. I'm trying to get it into your head how often this crap happens. Yesterday, the cars going straight got a green light, and the left turn cars still had a red light. This didn't stop the left turn car to punch his gas and cut in front of the straight, green light car. Stupidhead. And then, the day before, There was a car sitting at a red left turn light, and he decided that red really didn't mean stop, that it actually meant yield. So since he decided it was safe, he pulled a U-turn. From the red left turn light. What an idiot.
Comments