Over the past few months we have become increasingly aware of how horrible most of the drivers are around here. I've gotten to the point where everyday I fear for my life everyday and am amazed that I make it home unscathed. I think the drivers here are so bad because they are not only aggressive, but also oblivious. They act as if they are the only car on the road. So here are a few examples:
1. Just two nights ago we witnessed a car accident. We were stopped at a red light, and then the perpendicular street to us got the green. Everyone started going, including the person in the left turn lane who is supposed to yeild to oncoming traffic. And so he hit the first person who came through the light. Right in front of us. Then they stayed there for a few minutes, while all the rest of traffic just kept on going around them. Not one person stopped for them to be able to move and get out of the middle of the intersection! I was just waiting for another accident to happen. Luckily nothing more happened.
2. Jarom was filling up the car with gas, at a gas station. He got in the car and started to pull forward to leave. It is around 7am. In comes another car, who decided that morning that it just wasn't important enough for her to scrape her entire windshield. Instead she just scraped an itty bitty hole around her eyeball to see through. Who could have guessed that that would end up impeding her sight. She didn't even see Jarom, in a 4Runner, which is much bigger than her puny car. Not even his headlights, which would be shining directly into her eyes, since he is up higher than her. She came right for him, head on. All he could do was wait. Luckily, she saw him right before she hit him, and the accident was avoided. Stupid girl.
3.I have many, many more stories to tell, but must keep this limited, especially since I took so much time drawing you a picture to depict this next one. I still cannot believe what I saw happen. To help you understand it better, all the cars on the right, facing up, are stopped at a red light. There is a gap, because we stopped to let the car on the left turn through us. I am the green car. I made a before and after shot for you. Pay special attention to the red car in the middle. Please be aware that the red car had been stopped, and then decided to go, after the purple car started turning. We all ended up blocked in, for a long time.
1. Just two nights ago we witnessed a car accident. We were stopped at a red light, and then the perpendicular street to us got the green. Everyone started going, including the person in the left turn lane who is supposed to yeild to oncoming traffic. And so he hit the first person who came through the light. Right in front of us. Then they stayed there for a few minutes, while all the rest of traffic just kept on going around them. Not one person stopped for them to be able to move and get out of the middle of the intersection! I was just waiting for another accident to happen. Luckily nothing more happened.
2. Jarom was filling up the car with gas, at a gas station. He got in the car and started to pull forward to leave. It is around 7am. In comes another car, who decided that morning that it just wasn't important enough for her to scrape her entire windshield. Instead she just scraped an itty bitty hole around her eyeball to see through. Who could have guessed that that would end up impeding her sight. She didn't even see Jarom, in a 4Runner, which is much bigger than her puny car. Not even his headlights, which would be shining directly into her eyes, since he is up higher than her. She came right for him, head on. All he could do was wait. Luckily, she saw him right before she hit him, and the accident was avoided. Stupid girl.
3.I have many, many more stories to tell, but must keep this limited, especially since I took so much time drawing you a picture to depict this next one. I still cannot believe what I saw happen. To help you understand it better, all the cars on the right, facing up, are stopped at a red light. There is a gap, because we stopped to let the car on the left turn through us. I am the green car. I made a before and after shot for you. Pay special attention to the red car in the middle. Please be aware that the red car had been stopped, and then decided to go, after the purple car started turning. We all ended up blocked in, for a long time.
Comments
It's a good picture.
How do I know this, you may ask?.... Cause I was once the person turning. After that, I don't let anyone cross traffic in front of me. Just too dangerous for all parties.
p.s. I TOTALLY AGREE WITH YOU! There are some pretty horrible drivers in Utah!