Thursday, May 27th marked my last day of work at Oak Canyon Junior High. Seeing as my work only involved helping students in their classrooms, once the class's got rid of any resemblance of schoolwork a week before, I had no reason to be in class. So I spent my time with coworkers watching movies and eating popcorn. And going through the lost-and-found before it was hauled off to the DI to bring home some "new" clothes. Some of them actually are in new condition. Like brand new Nike's. Who loses their shoes at school anyway?
The next day we hopped in our car and took our first honest to goodness road-trip since we've had a reliable car. It was quite the experience, because nothing happened! No bad things happened. We just drove, and then we got there. The end. nice.We went to visit my parents in Washington. It was gray and rainy the entire time, but that's to be expected. It was pretty fun, here are some pictures of what we did.
This is at Point Defiance, a beach on the Puget Sound. This is what beaches look like on sounds.

Then I carved some initials on the clay walls. So exciting, I know.
We came across this fort thing that someone had built.

Inside there was a sign. I particularly like the blue addition.

The next day we hopped in our car and took our first honest to goodness road-trip since we've had a reliable car. It was quite the experience, because nothing happened! No bad things happened. We just drove, and then we got there. The end. nice.We went to visit my parents in Washington. It was gray and rainy the entire time, but that's to be expected. It was pretty fun, here are some pictures of what we did.
This is at Point Defiance, a beach on the Puget Sound. This is what beaches look like on sounds.
Then I carved some initials on the clay walls. So exciting, I know.
We came across this fort thing that someone had built.
Inside there was a sign. I particularly like the blue addition.
Then we went to the Underground Tour of Seattle. It was pretty interesting, growing up near there I had never been there before. But I have to say, the one thing I learned above all else was that the founders of Seattle were morons. If you want to know why, you'll have to go on the tour. Or I guess you could ask me. 
We also learned a lot about the origins of Crappers. Finally, we spent a lot of time hanging around, playing ping pong and other such fun. It was a nice relaxing trip.


Comments