Saturday morning I woke up to rain. Both on the outside, as well as the inside of our apartment.
How could that be possible you may ask?
It was coming from our bathroom ceiling. When I first walked in I heard a water splat onto the toilet seat. My first thought was that our shower was leaking and somehow splattering onto the toilet. Upon further inspection, I determined that the shower was just fine, but the entire toilet and floor were wet. The water was coming right through the ceiling. Not through a vent, or light fixture, just straight through the drywall. This was at 8am.
I went upstairs and knocked on the door. My greeting was "Good morning, I was just wondering, is your bathroom flooding?"
Turns out at about midnight a hose broke that hooked up to their tank in their toilet, spraying water everywhere. They thought they stopped the leak by turning off the valve. They wiped up all the water with towels and left them their overnight. But my discovery showed that more water was coming from somewhere else. We both went down to management to report the problem. He nodded and hummed and hawed. He said he couldn't come down now because his wife was gone and he couldn't leave the office during office hours, but that he'd send an inspection team over as soon as they arrive.
We left to play volleyball at 1:00. Up until this time, every time I went to use the toilet, I got wet. My back got dripped on no matter how I tried to dodge the incoming water pellets. Very unfortunate.
By the time we got home, at around 5, it was finally all dried up and clean. We now just have a very distinct crack in the shape of a square directly above our toilet. What is it with us and ceiling problems? This is the second apartment we've lived in together during our married life, and now both apartments have had weird ceiling problems. I hope this is not a trend that will continue.
How could that be possible you may ask?
It was coming from our bathroom ceiling. When I first walked in I heard a water splat onto the toilet seat. My first thought was that our shower was leaking and somehow splattering onto the toilet. Upon further inspection, I determined that the shower was just fine, but the entire toilet and floor were wet. The water was coming right through the ceiling. Not through a vent, or light fixture, just straight through the drywall. This was at 8am.
I went upstairs and knocked on the door. My greeting was "Good morning, I was just wondering, is your bathroom flooding?"
Turns out at about midnight a hose broke that hooked up to their tank in their toilet, spraying water everywhere. They thought they stopped the leak by turning off the valve. They wiped up all the water with towels and left them their overnight. But my discovery showed that more water was coming from somewhere else. We both went down to management to report the problem. He nodded and hummed and hawed. He said he couldn't come down now because his wife was gone and he couldn't leave the office during office hours, but that he'd send an inspection team over as soon as they arrive.
We left to play volleyball at 1:00. Up until this time, every time I went to use the toilet, I got wet. My back got dripped on no matter how I tried to dodge the incoming water pellets. Very unfortunate.
By the time we got home, at around 5, it was finally all dried up and clean. We now just have a very distinct crack in the shape of a square directly above our toilet. What is it with us and ceiling problems? This is the second apartment we've lived in together during our married life, and now both apartments have had weird ceiling problems. I hope this is not a trend that will continue.
Comments