As a news update, Jarom and I have finally been released as Sunday School teachers. We are now members of the activity committee. It's actually quite funny to me that this is what our new calling is. I will tell you why. Last year when we didn't have any calling yet, Jarom said to me "I bet we will be called to be Sunday School teachers." Why is that? "Because that's the calling I don't want the most right now. As you have guessed, we then got called to be sunday school teachers.
This year, when we found out we were going to be released soon, Jarom said to me, "I bet we are going to be activities committee members." Why is that? "Because I've already been a sunday school teacher, so I know I won't get that calling, and activities committe is my next least favorite that I don't want to have." Well guess what? My husband is cursed. Or, the Lord truly does have a sense of humor!
Actually, I have another story that proves that He has a sense of humor. This one kid that is in one of my classes shared this story with me. It happened to him yesterday. He said that his alarm on his cell-phone went off yesterday morning like it always does. Only this time, it had fallen between his bed and the wall. So he reached over and down in order to grab the cell phone and turn off the alarm. At that moment, he opened his eyes, and staring right in front of him stuck to the wall was the hugest ugliest grossest spider he has ever seen! Needless to say, he was up and out of bed in a second, wide wake and utterly disgusted. It was at this moment that he realized what he had said in his prayer the night before..."Dear Heavenly Father, please help me to get out of bed faster than I usually do." HAHAHAHAH!!!!
And on another random note, I've decided this blog is just for random thoughts that come to my head. I have discovered that secret to getting invited to your neighbor's house for dinner. We live in a house that is right in between two other houses, both of which have regular families in them, not students, right smack dab in the middle of college town Provo. I have never talked to them before, and they have never talked to us before. It was a mutual non-talking situation. Well, as you all should know, we bought a car a month ago. So a few weeks ago, we were outside changing the oil, and are neighbor dude meandered over and asked us what we were doing. He introduced himself and sat there awkardly for a little bit. Jarom was able to avoid his awkward gazes by being under the car. Me on the other hand...
Anway, we haven't talked to him since. Until...last night. We decided to do little tuneup jobs on the car. And he meandered on over again. "Hey" He said. "Having car troubles?" Um, nope, just doing some tune up stuff. "Oh, well, that's nice. Hey, I just put the charcoals on, do you want to come over in 30-40 minutes for brats and hamburgers?" Umm...sure.
And that is why we ended up spending our entire evening at their house, watching the teenage boys play a game of magic, talking awkardly to people we didn't know, and eating really good cheesy bratwursts! Picked up on the secret yet? Work on your car, and then you get free meals from people who won't talk to you unless you're working on your car!
The end.
This year, when we found out we were going to be released soon, Jarom said to me, "I bet we are going to be activities committee members." Why is that? "Because I've already been a sunday school teacher, so I know I won't get that calling, and activities committe is my next least favorite that I don't want to have." Well guess what? My husband is cursed. Or, the Lord truly does have a sense of humor!
Actually, I have another story that proves that He has a sense of humor. This one kid that is in one of my classes shared this story with me. It happened to him yesterday. He said that his alarm on his cell-phone went off yesterday morning like it always does. Only this time, it had fallen between his bed and the wall. So he reached over and down in order to grab the cell phone and turn off the alarm. At that moment, he opened his eyes, and staring right in front of him stuck to the wall was the hugest ugliest grossest spider he has ever seen! Needless to say, he was up and out of bed in a second, wide wake and utterly disgusted. It was at this moment that he realized what he had said in his prayer the night before..."Dear Heavenly Father, please help me to get out of bed faster than I usually do." HAHAHAHAH!!!!
And on another random note, I've decided this blog is just for random thoughts that come to my head. I have discovered that secret to getting invited to your neighbor's house for dinner. We live in a house that is right in between two other houses, both of which have regular families in them, not students, right smack dab in the middle of college town Provo. I have never talked to them before, and they have never talked to us before. It was a mutual non-talking situation. Well, as you all should know, we bought a car a month ago. So a few weeks ago, we were outside changing the oil, and are neighbor dude meandered over and asked us what we were doing. He introduced himself and sat there awkardly for a little bit. Jarom was able to avoid his awkward gazes by being under the car. Me on the other hand...
Anway, we haven't talked to him since. Until...last night. We decided to do little tuneup jobs on the car. And he meandered on over again. "Hey" He said. "Having car troubles?" Um, nope, just doing some tune up stuff. "Oh, well, that's nice. Hey, I just put the charcoals on, do you want to come over in 30-40 minutes for brats and hamburgers?" Umm...sure.
And that is why we ended up spending our entire evening at their house, watching the teenage boys play a game of magic, talking awkardly to people we didn't know, and eating really good cheesy bratwursts! Picked up on the secret yet? Work on your car, and then you get free meals from people who won't talk to you unless you're working on your car!
The end.
Comments