So this story is probably going to be pointless and boring to you, but since I haven't had anything to write about for awhile, I decided this was at least something! So about a year and a half ago, for those of you who haven't heard, Jarom and I got married. For the next few months, I scrambled around trying to change all my legal documents to my new last name. I changed my drivers license, my email address, and even my name at work. Unfortunately, there was one place I never did change it. Underneath our fax machine at work, we have folders for each employee so we can keep our notes, important faxes, and other important things stored in a safe place. My folder was still under the name of Gina Gray. Since this is a personal folder that only I use, I never saw the need to pull out the old tab and change it with a new one. So I didn't.
This never presented a problem until yesterday. Unfortunately, I have now been at this job longer than all my fellow employees, so there are very few who remember me as Gina Gray. One of these un-informed employees got assigned the task of cleaning out this drawer of folders so there is more room for the new employees to put there stuff in. She pulled out all the old employees she saw, including the Gina Gray that she had never heard of. (FYI, I am the ONLY Gina who has EVER worked here). You probably see where this is going, so yeah. She threw away my entire folder and ripped out all my notes from my notebook to be shredded. I am now folderless, and noteless, and if I had anything important in there for a student, it is now gone. Like yesterday is gone. Like history is gone. Just try to prove me wroonnngg. (that's a song).
So for all of you have not finished tieing up loose ends with your legal names, make sure you do so. Don't leave ANYTHING behind! Or a year and a half later, all your stuff will be thrown away!!!!
This never presented a problem until yesterday. Unfortunately, I have now been at this job longer than all my fellow employees, so there are very few who remember me as Gina Gray. One of these un-informed employees got assigned the task of cleaning out this drawer of folders so there is more room for the new employees to put there stuff in. She pulled out all the old employees she saw, including the Gina Gray that she had never heard of. (FYI, I am the ONLY Gina who has EVER worked here). You probably see where this is going, so yeah. She threw away my entire folder and ripped out all my notes from my notebook to be shredded. I am now folderless, and noteless, and if I had anything important in there for a student, it is now gone. Like yesterday is gone. Like history is gone. Just try to prove me wroonnngg. (that's a song).
So for all of you have not finished tieing up loose ends with your legal names, make sure you do so. Don't leave ANYTHING behind! Or a year and a half later, all your stuff will be thrown away!!!!
Comments
Hope nothing too too important was in there! :)
... like Elvis and his mom?