I have made a series of discoveries about myself as my life has progressed. A few of them are all tied together and I will share.
When I was born, probably the first thing my mother noticed about me was that I had my dad's thumbs. They are bendy. They go backwards easier than they go straight up and down.
After I got married, I started noticing a difference between Jarom's digits and my digits. My fingers can be pushed backwards, almost to a 90 degree angle to my hand. I just thought that was normal. But Jarom's fingers are like a stiff wooden board that have no give whatsoever. The same goes for our toes. Mine bend backwards pretty easily. I just assumed that was a characteristic of toes. But not HIS toes...Again. Straight wooden boards.
A couple months ago I went to the chiropractor. They were taking general X-rays of my back and neck area. At one point she asked me to "Bend my head back as far as I could." So I did. And held it there, waiting. She fussed around with her machinery, moving it up, then back down, then to the side. She huffed and started over. All the while I have my head hanging backwards, staring at the wall behind me. It's not the MOST comfortable position to be in, so if she could hurry up and take the X-ray I would be much appreciative. Finally she says, "I have to go talk to my co-worker really quick. I can't seem to get the picture without getting your eye-sockets in it. I've NEVER seen ANYONE bend their neck back that FAR before!!!"
I ask, "Would you like me to lift it back up again??"
"No, just hold on. I'll go talk to her and see what she says first."
Ok..... I'll just stay here in the dark room wearing your exposing robe for awhile.
Eventually she got the picture. Who knows if my eyes were in it or not. I was happy to have my head back to its normal position.
All along I've been hiding this fact, but it's time to announce: I'm Elasta Girl!
When I was born, probably the first thing my mother noticed about me was that I had my dad's thumbs. They are bendy. They go backwards easier than they go straight up and down.
After I got married, I started noticing a difference between Jarom's digits and my digits. My fingers can be pushed backwards, almost to a 90 degree angle to my hand. I just thought that was normal. But Jarom's fingers are like a stiff wooden board that have no give whatsoever. The same goes for our toes. Mine bend backwards pretty easily. I just assumed that was a characteristic of toes. But not HIS toes...Again. Straight wooden boards.
A couple months ago I went to the chiropractor. They were taking general X-rays of my back and neck area. At one point she asked me to "Bend my head back as far as I could." So I did. And held it there, waiting. She fussed around with her machinery, moving it up, then back down, then to the side. She huffed and started over. All the while I have my head hanging backwards, staring at the wall behind me. It's not the MOST comfortable position to be in, so if she could hurry up and take the X-ray I would be much appreciative. Finally she says, "I have to go talk to my co-worker really quick. I can't seem to get the picture without getting your eye-sockets in it. I've NEVER seen ANYONE bend their neck back that FAR before!!!"
I ask, "Would you like me to lift it back up again??"
"No, just hold on. I'll go talk to her and see what she says first."
Ok..... I'll just stay here in the dark room wearing your exposing robe for awhile.
Eventually she got the picture. Who knows if my eyes were in it or not. I was happy to have my head back to its normal position.
All along I've been hiding this fact, but it's time to announce: I'm Elasta Girl!
Comments