So I decided I wanted to try lots of different decorating techniques and shapes and sizes and stuff when it comes to baking cakes. The problem with that is it takes SO MUCH cake. I don't have the biggest of kitchens, or appetites. So my solution was to make one regular size cake, and turn it into a couple mini cake-lets! So here are my first two cakelets. Don't mind the pink smudge on the stacked one. Just pretend it's not there.
The cake itself was pretty good too! It was a ginger-coconut carrot cake with cream cheese frosting. And of course there were left overs from what I shaved off to make the shapes. These were not wasted. I mixed them with the cream cheese frosting and rolled them into balls (the size of truffles) and dipped them in white chocolate or dark chocolate. Best idea ever.
On other random news, I am now officially a piano teacher. And I'm loving it. My whole ONE LESSON went well. ha. Hopefully all the rest will too.
The cake itself was pretty good too! It was a ginger-coconut carrot cake with cream cheese frosting. And of course there were left overs from what I shaved off to make the shapes. These were not wasted. I mixed them with the cream cheese frosting and rolled them into balls (the size of truffles) and dipped them in white chocolate or dark chocolate. Best idea ever.
On other random news, I am now officially a piano teacher. And I'm loving it. My whole ONE LESSON went well. ha. Hopefully all the rest will too.
Comments