Story number one:
I've always heard of people making fun of the cliche that kids nowadays send texts to people that are in the same room as them.
I've always heard it, but never seen it.
Until now.
It was after school during 4H, where I help out at. I was on one side of the room getting ready to start a game, and a student next to me was texting her friend on the other side of the room, asking her to come play. She told me, "Hold on, I just texted her."
We waited.
She then shouted, across the room, "Hey! Did you get my text yet!?"
Her friend replied, "No, hold on.."
The whole time I was sitting there thinking, is this REALLY happening right now? They actually just did that? I'm not making it up? She just yelled to her to see if she got her text....
Story number two:
I walked into the cafeteria for 4H again (this is where we meet at the beginning). I saw a girl climbing into one of those big black rolling garbage cans, trying to get down below the rim before I saw her.
I saw her.
I told her to get out, that it's not okay to get into garbages. She said she was hoping to be able to scare me as I walked by, but I ruined it because I already saw her.
I told her that under no circumstances should she get into a garbage, even if it looks clean to her.
She said that it was clean because they just put a new liner in.
Just then, with perfect timing, another kid said "I spit in there before you got in!"
HAHAHAHAHAH
She was then screaming and trying to clean herself off.
Talk about a perfect lesson learned.
I've always heard of people making fun of the cliche that kids nowadays send texts to people that are in the same room as them.
I've always heard it, but never seen it.
Until now.
It was after school during 4H, where I help out at. I was on one side of the room getting ready to start a game, and a student next to me was texting her friend on the other side of the room, asking her to come play. She told me, "Hold on, I just texted her."
We waited.
She then shouted, across the room, "Hey! Did you get my text yet!?"
Her friend replied, "No, hold on.."
The whole time I was sitting there thinking, is this REALLY happening right now? They actually just did that? I'm not making it up? She just yelled to her to see if she got her text....
Story number two:
I walked into the cafeteria for 4H again (this is where we meet at the beginning). I saw a girl climbing into one of those big black rolling garbage cans, trying to get down below the rim before I saw her.
I saw her.
I told her to get out, that it's not okay to get into garbages. She said she was hoping to be able to scare me as I walked by, but I ruined it because I already saw her.
I told her that under no circumstances should she get into a garbage, even if it looks clean to her.
She said that it was clean because they just put a new liner in.
Just then, with perfect timing, another kid said "I spit in there before you got in!"
HAHAHAHAHAH
She was then screaming and trying to clean herself off.
Talk about a perfect lesson learned.
Comments