The other day I got to babysit my niece and nephew. He is almost 4, and she is 1 and a half. She is starting to learn more words. (Previously she only knew “hi” so she would say it over and over: “hi, hi, hi, hi, hi!”)
Upon this visit I learned that she has learned quite a few more words, one of which included my name! For the next four hours I got to listen to “Dina! Aughbelubgableuh. DINA! Kubolyhjayk. Up. Dina! Dina! Done! Dina! Dina!
It was quite cute and made me happy that obviously she loved me best. (She doesn’t know Jarom’s name). I like to attribute it to the fact that when she was younger I took care of her when she was sick, even after she threw up all over me, and the couch, and the floor. Ya know, a special bond was formed.
But then…Jarom reminds me that babies are like cats. No matter what you do or don’t do as an adult/person, the baby/cat will like whoever they like best regardless. For all intents and purposes, their choice is completely random. There is no way you can earn the favoritism of a baby/cat on purpose. It either happens, or it doesn’t.
Comments