As a preface: There were two BYU men's volleyball games this weekend. One Friday night, one Saturday. We went to the Friday night one. Saturday Jarom wasn't feeling well so we stayed home. Both nights they played Pepperdine. Whenever we do go, we usually sit on the north side of the building, right down on the floor behind the servers.
Saturday, about 15 minutes after we knew the game would have started, we turned on the TV to see if it was being broadcast.
We found it.
We watched for a few minutes. We saw our friend Craig on TV sitting where he always does behind the server. Our conversation went as follows:
Jarom: "There's Craig!"
Me: "Oh yeah, there he is."
Me: "Who is that...right next to him? I don't recognize her."
The camera pans away for a few moments so we have to wait for a better view.
Jarom: "I don't know, she looks a lot like Lisa, but it's not."
Waiting for a few more minutes.
Camera comes back to Craig and mystery girl.
Me: "Oh...That's me!"
Confusion.
Come to find out, we were watching the game that happened the night before. It wasn't live. The current game was not on. I was watching myself. I relate this to what people describe as having and out-of-body experience, looking down on themselves. The saddest part, obviously, is that I didn't recognize myself. And neither did Jarom. Wow we are lame. I'm going to say it's because I just got a haircut..yes. That is a good reason.
Oh, and to add to that, the fact that Jarom thought of me looking like Lisa. Lisa and I already have a hard enough time with people getting us mixed up and thinking we're sisters...or the same person. I thought I was safe with my husband...
Saturday, about 15 minutes after we knew the game would have started, we turned on the TV to see if it was being broadcast.
We found it.
We watched for a few minutes. We saw our friend Craig on TV sitting where he always does behind the server. Our conversation went as follows:
Jarom: "There's Craig!"
Me: "Oh yeah, there he is."
Me: "Who is that...right next to him? I don't recognize her."
The camera pans away for a few moments so we have to wait for a better view.
Jarom: "I don't know, she looks a lot like Lisa, but it's not."
Waiting for a few more minutes.
Camera comes back to Craig and mystery girl.
Me: "Oh...That's me!"
Confusion.
Come to find out, we were watching the game that happened the night before. It wasn't live. The current game was not on. I was watching myself. I relate this to what people describe as having and out-of-body experience, looking down on themselves. The saddest part, obviously, is that I didn't recognize myself. And neither did Jarom. Wow we are lame. I'm going to say it's because I just got a haircut..yes. That is a good reason.
Oh, and to add to that, the fact that Jarom thought of me looking like Lisa. Lisa and I already have a hard enough time with people getting us mixed up and thinking we're sisters...or the same person. I thought I was safe with my husband...
Comments