I have an evil nemesis. It comes by once a week, always at the same time. For the past few months I have been beating it, but not today.
I wake up at 6:45 every weekday for work. Every Friday, between 6:46 and 6:50, the evil garbage truck comes to pick up our apartment's garbage. I have never actually seen this garbage truck, but from what it sounds like, it has to be some gigantic evil killing machine.
Our bedroom window is right next to the path this truck takes back to the dumpster. Once it gets to the dumpster, it backs up, right past our window. Then it goes behind our complex to the other dumpster (We are on the corner, so all angles are right by our apartment). Then it comes back around front on the road to leave. But the worst part is when it drives right past our window. It is booming and rattling and shaking everything, and can wake you out of a dead sleep wondering what war has started. When it reverses, it just adds the annoying BEEP BEEP BEEP sound to all that already loud raucous.
Ever since I have had this job, I have woken up just before this thing comes and bares it's ugly fangs. So it doesn't startle me as much because, when you're awake, loud noises aren't as bad or loud I guess. But today is Friday. And today I have the day off work. No school. I thought I would get to sleep in!
Guess what time I woke up this morning.
6:46.
I wake up at 6:45 every weekday for work. Every Friday, between 6:46 and 6:50, the evil garbage truck comes to pick up our apartment's garbage. I have never actually seen this garbage truck, but from what it sounds like, it has to be some gigantic evil killing machine.
Our bedroom window is right next to the path this truck takes back to the dumpster. Once it gets to the dumpster, it backs up, right past our window. Then it goes behind our complex to the other dumpster (We are on the corner, so all angles are right by our apartment). Then it comes back around front on the road to leave. But the worst part is when it drives right past our window. It is booming and rattling and shaking everything, and can wake you out of a dead sleep wondering what war has started. When it reverses, it just adds the annoying BEEP BEEP BEEP sound to all that already loud raucous.
Ever since I have had this job, I have woken up just before this thing comes and bares it's ugly fangs. So it doesn't startle me as much because, when you're awake, loud noises aren't as bad or loud I guess. But today is Friday. And today I have the day off work. No school. I thought I would get to sleep in!
Guess what time I woke up this morning.
6:46.
Comments