Today I looked at my birth certificate for the first time. I mean, really looked at it. And I found out that I am supposed to be dead. Apparently I died on March 6, 1987. Because that's the day that my birth certificate was signed, and my birth certificate says I'm dead.
Seriously.
I am not going to scan it to show you because who knows what creepy things could be done if that were online. But at the top of the paper, it says "Certificate of Live Birth" just like it is supposed to. Then it has a bunch of information about me and where I was born and my parents and where they're from, and all that typical stuff. Underneath all that it says:
"This certifies that the foregoing is a correct and complete transcript of a record of death on file with the Klamath County Department of Health Services." (italics and bold added)
Under this statement is a very clear stamp and seal of approval and signature by the Deputy Registrar.
Uh....
What does one do with that?
So here is my birth certificate, pretending to be a death certificate. Or maybe it's the other way around... Or MAYBE, maybe my parents had another daughter named Gina Gray, and she DID die, and then they found me on the streets right after and decided to adopt me and pretend I was her without telling anyone...and now the truth is out. Kind of like a Clark Kent scenario. Maybe I'm an alien just waiting to discover my awesome powers. The world better watch out, I am about to start experimenting!
Seriously.
I am not going to scan it to show you because who knows what creepy things could be done if that were online. But at the top of the paper, it says "Certificate of Live Birth" just like it is supposed to. Then it has a bunch of information about me and where I was born and my parents and where they're from, and all that typical stuff. Underneath all that it says:
"This certifies that the foregoing is a correct and complete transcript of a record of death on file with the Klamath County Department of Health Services." (italics and bold added)
Under this statement is a very clear stamp and seal of approval and signature by the Deputy Registrar.
Uh....
What does one do with that?
So here is my birth certificate, pretending to be a death certificate. Or maybe it's the other way around... Or MAYBE, maybe my parents had another daughter named Gina Gray, and she DID die, and then they found me on the streets right after and decided to adopt me and pretend I was her without telling anyone...and now the truth is out. Kind of like a Clark Kent scenario. Maybe I'm an alien just waiting to discover my awesome powers. The world better watch out, I am about to start experimenting!
Comments