For anyone who reads this and is not on Facebook or has not otherwise heard...we are having a baby! Due to arrive August 27th.
With that vital piece of information aquired, you may now hear a little bit about my first trimester.
I eat more often than I used to, though sometimes a lot slower. I drink water constantly, which then leads to bathroom visits...constantly.
I went through a period of about a month where I took a nap everday. I liked that. I like naps.
I have gained two pounds.
And, one morning while I was heading to work, I threw up. It came out of nowhere and then I felt perfectly normal afterwards. That's been the extent of my "morning sickness."
Now that I have told most people my news, I have noticed a common thread to most people's reactions.
First: Their voice goes higher as they squeal in delight and usher a congratulations of some sort.
Second: About half will then ask when I am due/how far along I am.
Third: About 95% will then ask me how I am feeling.
My response: I feel great!
Them: Well have you had any morning sickness?
Me, not really considering my one puke typical morning sickness, respond: No actually. I've been feeling pretty good this whole time!
Them, realizing that I must have misunderstood their questions, try to rephrase it for me again: Well, haven't you been nauseated?
Me: Nope. Like I have said, I've been feeling really well!
Them, finally understanding my answer and all its implications, respond one of two ways.
One: They are male and tell me another congrats. Or
Two: They are female and get a look of disdain that crosses their face. Some try to hold in their jeolousy and say "well how do you rate?" The others openly say "I hate you."
All look at me as if I am some unhuman thing that they don't know how to relate to.
So. I am sorry for all those less fortunate women who don't make it through their first trimesters unscathed, but I am really not sorry that I feel good.
And not to worry, most of these women eventually come back around to being excited for me.
With that vital piece of information aquired, you may now hear a little bit about my first trimester.
I eat more often than I used to, though sometimes a lot slower. I drink water constantly, which then leads to bathroom visits...constantly.
I went through a period of about a month where I took a nap everday. I liked that. I like naps.
I have gained two pounds.
And, one morning while I was heading to work, I threw up. It came out of nowhere and then I felt perfectly normal afterwards. That's been the extent of my "morning sickness."
Now that I have told most people my news, I have noticed a common thread to most people's reactions.
First: Their voice goes higher as they squeal in delight and usher a congratulations of some sort.
Second: About half will then ask when I am due/how far along I am.
Third: About 95% will then ask me how I am feeling.
My response: I feel great!
Them: Well have you had any morning sickness?
Me, not really considering my one puke typical morning sickness, respond: No actually. I've been feeling pretty good this whole time!
Them, realizing that I must have misunderstood their questions, try to rephrase it for me again: Well, haven't you been nauseated?
Me: Nope. Like I have said, I've been feeling really well!
Them, finally understanding my answer and all its implications, respond one of two ways.
One: They are male and tell me another congrats. Or
Two: They are female and get a look of disdain that crosses their face. Some try to hold in their jeolousy and say "well how do you rate?" The others openly say "I hate you."
All look at me as if I am some unhuman thing that they don't know how to relate to.
So. I am sorry for all those less fortunate women who don't make it through their first trimesters unscathed, but I am really not sorry that I feel good.
And not to worry, most of these women eventually come back around to being excited for me.
Comments