I have always hated going on planes because they make me feel so nauseous. Eventually I started eating candied ginger (thanks to Mythbusters) and that was about 10 times better than using nothing at all. I was able to feel a lot better while on the plane. But, if there was a particularly rough landing, even the ginger wasn't a cure-all. So on the way out there, Jarom had a thought. He told me that if it was an inner-ear problem, maybe something as simple as wearing ear plugs would solve the problem! I didn't really think that would work, but I was willing to try anything. And I did. And I had the best flight of my life! The way home was not a very smooth ride, but it didn't matter one bit to me! I could feel us going up and down, but it didn't matter. I was fine. I was normal! I will never ride a plane again without my earplugs. They were 100 times better than the ginger.
So about the actual vacation, here are some highlights of what we did.
We started out demolishing their dining room so that we could get the wall paper off and repaint it.
| Old product |
| Finished product. |
We went to the corn fest parade where we learned an important lesson.
| Our parade goodies |
We are also able to go to the Olbrich Gardens where there were lots of photo-taking opportunities. I won't bore you with all of them though.

![]() | |
| Taking pictures of taking pictures |

We were also able to step outside right at the perfect moment to see this beautiful sunset.
| Lounging around eating Culver's Ice Cream |
And this is at the capitol's farmer's market. We got some "squeaky cheese," breads, veggies, and more.
We had an awesome time and it was the best way to relax before getting back into the swing of things. We came back literally the day before I had to go back to work, which has been going well, fyi.







Comments