If you are an avid watcher of our little Daisy Path counter on the right hand side that keeps track of our marriage, you will have noticed that 2 weeks and 1 day ago marked our 5 year anniversary. If you don't intently watch it every day to make sure you know exactly how many days we have been married, you must not be a true friend.
Our 5th was definitely spent differently than our previous 4, but we also came out of it with lots of new things to spice up our lives. My parents were here that weekend to celebrate and watch my brother walk from U of U. It just so happened that his day of graduation was the same day as our anniversary. So we decided to go up to Salt Lake to support the brother all day, and that just meant that we had to celebrate before AND after the actual day to make up for it!
So, before all the family arrived we "anniversary present'd" (the act of giving yourself a present) ourselves. We now have a few awesome dslr cameras along with some nice lenses to try out. We have a "hers" and "his" camera....so we can go on photo shooting trips together. We are both beginners and learning together, but I think it has been fun and will continue to be fun to try to get better at taking pictures. I already have a folder on the computer full of "practice shots" that I have been experimenting with all the different settings with. And there are a ton. I even went on our ward's youth conference trip and documented that. I think I ended up with some good pictures. Here's one of them, it's up Provo Canyon taken from Timp Lodge.
Then when our parents got here, they brought with them a nice present..a king size bed! They had replaced their own bed with a newer tempurpedic bed, and so hauled this huge one across the country out to us. It fills up most of our bedroom, but it is oh so soft and worth it. It is huge, I can spread out and not get in Jarom's way! It is squishy and just sucks you in and doesn't want to let you go. It is awesome.
We were also treated to dinner and a movie while everyone was here, so I would say our anniversary was a good one.
It's crazy that it has already been 5 years. It sounds like a long time but doesn't really feel like a long time. We are so old and experienced now! haha.
Our 5th was definitely spent differently than our previous 4, but we also came out of it with lots of new things to spice up our lives. My parents were here that weekend to celebrate and watch my brother walk from U of U. It just so happened that his day of graduation was the same day as our anniversary. So we decided to go up to Salt Lake to support the brother all day, and that just meant that we had to celebrate before AND after the actual day to make up for it!
So, before all the family arrived we "anniversary present'd" (the act of giving yourself a present) ourselves. We now have a few awesome dslr cameras along with some nice lenses to try out. We have a "hers" and "his" camera....so we can go on photo shooting trips together. We are both beginners and learning together, but I think it has been fun and will continue to be fun to try to get better at taking pictures. I already have a folder on the computer full of "practice shots" that I have been experimenting with all the different settings with. And there are a ton. I even went on our ward's youth conference trip and documented that. I think I ended up with some good pictures. Here's one of them, it's up Provo Canyon taken from Timp Lodge.
Then when our parents got here, they brought with them a nice present..a king size bed! They had replaced their own bed with a newer tempurpedic bed, and so hauled this huge one across the country out to us. It fills up most of our bedroom, but it is oh so soft and worth it. It is huge, I can spread out and not get in Jarom's way! It is squishy and just sucks you in and doesn't want to let you go. It is awesome.
We were also treated to dinner and a movie while everyone was here, so I would say our anniversary was a good one.
It's crazy that it has already been 5 years. It sounds like a long time but doesn't really feel like a long time. We are so old and experienced now! haha.

Comments