Hope you all had a happy Birthentines weekend. We had a fun one. Saturday evening we combined forces with Lisa (whose birthday is right next to mine) and had a birthday bonfire extravaganza. We bundled all up and drove as far up Provo Canyon as we could to get away from all the dancing and kissing couples who thought it would be romantic to dance in the cold snowy mountains. We made fires, we cooked hotdogs, smores, hot chocolate, ate birthday cake, and tried to fly kites. Unfortunately I didn't get a video of when Lisa tried doing it the first time. She took off down the mountain on the very uneven and hard snow. She quickly ended up on the ground with a broken kite. But there is one picture here of her second attempt. And one of Jarom trying to be creepy. He's working on his creepy face.
After said bonfire night I went to school on Monday on my actual birthday. It was kind of an interesting experience, one in which I wasn't sure how to react. Somehow, I can't even remember how now, it got slipped to a few students when my birthday was. When I walked into the school, I hadn't even dropped off my stuff yet, I got ambushed with a big hug and happy birthday. I'm not supposed to touch the students. Then later on I was subbing in a class that just so happened to have this instigator in it. She then gave me a present. A present? Am I allowed to have a present from you? Awe, why not, it was candy. Can't say no to that. But then she made the entire class sing happy birthday to me. That was awkward, and aweful sounding. Then after school during 4H, it happened again. Again, awkward. Especially when there are a lot of kids you just don't know that well... but whatever. It was done.
After said bonfire night I went to school on Monday on my actual birthday. It was kind of an interesting experience, one in which I wasn't sure how to react. Somehow, I can't even remember how now, it got slipped to a few students when my birthday was. When I walked into the school, I hadn't even dropped off my stuff yet, I got ambushed with a big hug and happy birthday. I'm not supposed to touch the students. Then later on I was subbing in a class that just so happened to have this instigator in it. She then gave me a present. A present? Am I allowed to have a present from you? Awe, why not, it was candy. Can't say no to that. But then she made the entire class sing happy birthday to me. That was awkward, and aweful sounding. Then after school during 4H, it happened again. Again, awkward. Especially when there are a lot of kids you just don't know that well... but whatever. It was done.
Comments