Side Note: Those of you who watched all the videos on my last blog probably noticed that two of them were the same video. My bad. I have now changed that. So if you would like to see what "The Struggle" video was SUPPOSED do be, it is now there.
Friday afternoon I was sitting at work. While at work, a coworker and I noticed a bird trapped inside our lobby. Well, not the lobby exactly, the glass room that separates the lobby from the outside, for climate control. I have no idea what those rooms are called. But it was in there. And it couldn't get out.
Said coworker opens both doors to the outside while I try to herd it out those doors. No matter what angle I tried, it always flew into another glass wall instead of out the doors. I was starting to feel bad for this poor creature who kept whacking itself in the head. We even angled the magazine racks strategically so that it would be a straight path to the door. But to no avail.
Finally, after whack after whack, I decided this approach was more likely to kill the bird than to save it. It was getting tired and obviously terrified. So I approached the bird. I bent down slowly, moved my hands toward it, and stuck on finger under it's belly. To which it responded by stepping up onto my finger! So I stood up and carried the bird outside on my finger!
I put it on a rock, and it stayed there for a really long time, not moving much. I hope it's not brain damaged. Eventually it left, hopefully never to return to our little treacherous glass room.
I am a bird whisperer. Or so my coworker called me.
Friday afternoon I was sitting at work. While at work, a coworker and I noticed a bird trapped inside our lobby. Well, not the lobby exactly, the glass room that separates the lobby from the outside, for climate control. I have no idea what those rooms are called. But it was in there. And it couldn't get out.
Said coworker opens both doors to the outside while I try to herd it out those doors. No matter what angle I tried, it always flew into another glass wall instead of out the doors. I was starting to feel bad for this poor creature who kept whacking itself in the head. We even angled the magazine racks strategically so that it would be a straight path to the door. But to no avail.
Finally, after whack after whack, I decided this approach was more likely to kill the bird than to save it. It was getting tired and obviously terrified. So I approached the bird. I bent down slowly, moved my hands toward it, and stuck on finger under it's belly. To which it responded by stepping up onto my finger! So I stood up and carried the bird outside on my finger!
I put it on a rock, and it stayed there for a really long time, not moving much. I hope it's not brain damaged. Eventually it left, hopefully never to return to our little treacherous glass room.
I am a bird whisperer. Or so my coworker called me.
Comments